PR Advanced 2015 Content Creation & Viral Marketing
PR Advanced 2015 Content Creation & Viral Marketing. Author: Brianna Vieira, Strategy Coordinator at Jack Morton Worldwide. Download from SlideShare ➞ http://adf.ly/14UStD
Presentation for BUPRSSA’s 2015 PR Advanced Conference: Breaking Boundaries breakout session, Content Creation and Viral Marketing.
This presentation shows how content goes from the mind of a creative to its various platforms and gives some best practices in getting content to go viral.
Published in: Marketing
1. Content Creation + Viral Marketing – Why it matters and how to do it right
6. How do we define viral?
7. Definition 1: of relating to, or caused by a virus. Example: Chicken pox vi·ral
8. vi·ral Definition 2: when content is viewed and shared millions of times within a community to increase brand awareness. Example: Cat videos
12. The Creative Process Experience Principles Let’s Chat #1: #2: #3: #4: #5: Definitions The Landscape + Importance Six Lessons from Viral Brand Activity in 2014
13. pieces of content are shared each day. 27M AOL
14. of global marketers plan to increase or maintain their digital marketing spend in 2015. 84% Salesforce
15. of marketers use social media (the most common content marketing tactic). CMI 87%
16. Search + social networks are consumers’ preferred way to discover new brands and products. Forrester
17. Forrester of marketers take a sophisticated approach to measuring content performance against customer segments. 12%
36. LESSON #3 VALUE PROPOSITION PROMPTS PASS-ALONG
38. VALUE PROPOSITION PROMPTS PASS-ALONG LESSON #3 • Think about efficient ways to recognized large audiences. • Engineer content where the audience becomes invested in propelling content forward. • Don’t just post and hope – use relationships with influencers with established audiences to ensure that content has advocates from the beginning.
45. LESSON #5 PARTNERSHIPS ENERGIZE CAUSES • Consider what partners have desirable audiences and something to offer your brand. • Create sustainable content strategies that engage audiences in the long-term in a serialized manner, instead of as a one-off. • Be open to partners bringing their expertise and personal style to the table – they often already know what their audiences respond to.
47. ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Sometimes, the technical mechanics of how an initiative works is as or more important than the creative idea itself. In an extraordinarily complicated media landscape filled with technicalities, it can pay off to have perfectly balanced initiative inner-workings. Heralded as one of the most successful viral movements in 2014, it is important to remember that the Ice Bucket Challenge was an organic movement – not one engineered to be as big as it became. In a happy accident, ALS nailed perfect mechanics for the promotion through four things. First, heavy reliance on video at a time when Facebook is favoring video and video creation through smartphones is at an all-time high. Second, an unusual act that has a low-barrier to entry and high entertainment value. Third, public pass along and shaming of friends to get involved. Fourth, widespread support from influencers with a very specific request. The results were astounding – even though many didn’t donate money, the reach was so great that many did.
48. LESSON #6 KNOW MECHANIC NIRVANA • Think carefully about how something will actually work, aligning closely with consumer technographics and behavior. • Understand that viral is hard to create – the ALS initiative was an organic happening, not a marketing campaign with a master plan. • Grab a first mover advantage when you can. Be willing to take risks – ALS was first to market with an initiative like this. Other brands will try to replicate this success and there will be diminishing turns.
55. BRAND EXPERIENCE PRINCIPLES • INSPIRE SHARING • ADD VALUE • ON (NOT IN) THE WAY • ENGAGE ALL • USER-FIRST DESIGN
Make sure to subscribe to my channel if you liked the video!
Music Supplied by NoCopyrighSounds:
Artist Name: Kasger – Highland [NCS Release]
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agi-FWTLMh0
➞ Twitch http://twitch.tv/nocopyrightsounds
➞ Spotify http://bit.ly/SpotifyNCS
➞ SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/nocopyrightsounds
➞ Facebook http://facebook.com/NoCopyrightSounds
➞ Twitter http://twitter.com/NCSounds
➞ Google+ http://google.com/+nocopyrightsounds
➞ Instagram http://instagram.com/nocopyrightsounds_
➞ SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/kaspergerlif
➞ Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Kasger
➞ Twitter https://twitter.com/Kasger
➞ YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/KasgerMusic
Tags: Marketing, PR Advanced 2015, Content Creation, Viral Marketing, marketing strategies, marketing videos, marketing 101, marketing plan, marketing strategies for small business, marketing management, marketing research, marketing mix, …,